How do you ensure that a succession event goes smoothly? Successful succession events are communicated clearly and planned well in advance, ensuring that market confidence is maintained, important relationships are transitioned, and that the succession event is seen positively. We have worked with some of the world’s most successful family businesses and executive teams, supporting them to communicate succession events while protecting their personal and business reputations.
Our Succession Planning team is strategic, thoughtful, and attuned to the very specific emotional and business risks of succession. They have decades of experience guiding clients through the difficult, usually unexpected, challenges of transition events, ensuring that they are perceived positively in the market. The team are quick-to-act, effective planners, and media savvy.
To speak with one of our London communications advisers call us on +44 (0) 207 556 1040. Or if you are based elsewhere in the world, you can call us on +1 (917) 451-5021. Alternatively, contact us online.
We support clients through the full succession timeline, including preparing a crisis succession plan, drafting material to communicate with stakeholders, and replying to media enquiries during the actual event.
Our Succession Planning team acts for multi-generational family businesses, as well as large companies undergoing management transition.
Our key services include:
- Advising on strategic communications during the transition event
- Identifying important stakeholders to communicate with during transition events
- Preparing communications timelines to manage perception over the years and months leading up to the succession event
- Drafting internal and external content to communicate with stakeholders
- Setting the message and narrative for the succession event
- Gameplanning reputation risks for the transition event
- Conducting extensive reputation audits of incoming family members and executives
- Coordinating with the press during a transition event
- Preparing crisis succession plans for unexpected, untimely transition events
Every family and business will require a personalised work programme, and our experienced team will devise a plan that meets your specific needs.
Our team has supported a wide variety of clients who want to prepare for and manage succession events. Our recent highlights include:
- Putting in place a two-year communications plan for a multi-generational family business (revenues in excess of £350 million) as the business was handed to the next generation.
- Preparing a crisis communications plan for a Nasdaq-listed company ($1.4 billion) in the eventuality that any core member of its leadership team unexpectedly passed away, fell ill, or was otherwise indisposed.
- Acting for a single-family office (£800 million AUM) as the assets passed for the first generation to the second generation, ensuring that important relationships with advisors, peers, and introducers were maintained through the process.
- Conducting a comprehensive online reputation audit on a new incoming company CEO before a transition event took place to ensure that any old material did not expose him and the business to reputational risk.
- Putting in place a communications plan for a family whose assets were held in a trust ($75 million), gameplanning potential public and media questions around tax and future implications for the family’s assets.
In all cases our work is carried out on a confidential and discreet basis, protecting our client and their interests at all times.
Our services are carefully tailored to successful individuals, families, and their businesses. Recent clients include:
- Family trusts and other wealth management structures
- Trustees and beneficiaries
- Next-generation family members
- Family businesses
- Executive leadership teams
- Companies wanting to control succession risks
- Leadership teams exposed to geopolitical uncertainty
- High-net-worth individuals
- Business founders & entrepreneurs
- CEOs and senior executives
- Family offices
Our clients demand discretion, confidentiality, and trust. They demand a highly personalised approach, sensitive to their individual, personal needs.
Transmission Private is an award-winning strategic communications adviser to successful individuals, executives, and their businesses.
Becoming a client of Transmission Private is unlike working with any other communications agency. That is because we do not measure our working relationships in terms of weeks, months, or even years, but in terms of generations – with clients returning us to time and time again as and when needs arise.
Founded in 2014, we have since grown to become the leading provider of PR services to successful individuals and their businesses. Over the years, we have broadened the range of services beyond media liaison and conventional public relations to include online reputation management as well as advisory around succession and family disputes.
We have also expanded our team to service new clients, including family businesses, executive leadership teams, family offices, and family foundations.
We have been built from the ground up to meet the unique needs of successful individuals and their businesses. We are unapologetic about that singular focus. It means we can understand our clients’ needs, expectations, and requirements better than anyone else.