How do you maintain your edge as a family business? Successful family businesses strategically leverage the strength of their brand and family values to build new relationships, attract new business, and bring in top talent. We have advised some of the largest family businesses on their communications and positioning, giving them an important edge over their competitors while protecting the personal reputations of the family.
Our Family Business team is commercially astute, innovative, and discreet. The team are able to ensure the business can make maximum use of its family heritage without exposing family members to intrusive attention. Our team is strategic, considered, and always looking for an opportunity to give private businesses a market edge.
To speak with our London-based communications advisers call us on +44 (0) 207 556 1040 or contact us online.
We have supported family businesses of all sizes across the full suite of communications needs, providing strategic advice during succession events, announcing corporate news to the market, setting the family business’ brand strategy, and protecting the online profile of family members.
Our Family Business team acts for all varieties of family businesses, including multi-generational businesses as well as those still led by founders. Our key services include:
- Strategic communications advice on the positioning of the family business and its ownership
- Securing positive media coverage
- Development of mission, purpose, and narrative for the business
- Putting in place protections to safeguard the family’s privacy
- Announcing corporate news, acquisitions, and disposals
- Enhancing the family’s reputation amongst financial stakeholders
- Giving selective visibility to CSR and philanthropic work
- Managing perceptions of the family among employees and local community
- Enhancing the credentials of family members
- Strategic advice during transition and succession events
- Managing hostile media enquiries and crisis situations
- Putting in place online reputation strategies for family members
The challenges and opportunities that face family businesses are unique. Every situation requires a bespoke solution, and our experienced team will devise a personalised plan of action.
Our Family Business team has supported family businesses across different industries and geographies, including in both consumer- and industry-facing sectors. Our recent highlights include:
- Developing the brand, positioning, and narrative for a new parent company that will house the family’s various business interests and deal-making activity.
- Putting in place a decade-long communications plan to accompany a succession strategy, which saw the gradual transition of a £150-million business from the hands of the first generation to its second.
- Enhancing the corporate reputation of a £1.2-billion family business, its ownership, and governance structures amongst financial stakeholders in advance of a significant debt raise.
- Conducting an extensive reputation audit of all family members’ online profiles to identify any material, including old social media accounts, that could pose a risk to their reputation.
- Supporting a well-known family business on the announcement of a significant number of redundancies, handling all media liaison while protecting the family’s reputation throughout the process.
In all cases our work is carried out on a confidential and discreet basis, protecting our clients and their interests at all times.
Our Family Business team is connected to other advisors across the family business sector, including leading private wealth lawyers, accountants and auditors, as well as specialists in succession, tax structuring, restructuring, and governance.
We often provide our clients with a conduit to this wider advisory network, ensuring that they are supported by trusted and professional advisers that will advance their interests at all times.
Transmission Private is an award-winning strategic communications adviser to successful individual, families, and their businesses.
We do not measure our working relationships in terms of weeks, months, or even years, but in terms of generations – with clients returning us to time and time again as and when needs arise. We look to build life-long relationships based on loyalty, trust, and confidence.
In 2017, we launched the world’s first research department dedicated solely to understanding how people perceive wealthy individuals and families, and their businesses.
And since 2018, we have been awarded ‘best in breed’ for family reputation four years running by Spear’s magazine.
As a Partner-led business, every client we support has a dedicated Partner looking after all of their work, providing a single, highly personalised, around-the-clock contact point to access all our services and support.