How do you amplify your impact? Successful philanthropists leverage their profile to shine an important light on the worthy causes they support, and leverage their commitment to charity to build new relationships and, ultimately, create goodwill amongst stakeholders. We have worked with some of the world’s most significant philanthropists, helping them give careful, subtle, and dignified visibility to their charitable activity as well as their underlying mission.
Our Philanthropists & Donors team are strategic, discreet, and thoughtful. We have decades of experience balancing the need to give understated visibility to our clients’ impact while ensuring their privacy is protected at all times. The team are sensitive, media-savvy, and principled.
To speak with one of our London communications advisers call us on +44 (0) 207 556 1040. Or if you are based in North America, you can call us on +1 929 389 0096. Alternatively, contact us online.
We are able to support philanthropists through the full giving lifecycle, including identifying projects that align with a family’s objectives, taking control of a foundation’s digital presence, and announcing new gifts to the media.
Our Philanthropists & Donors team acts for long-standing philanthropists, as well as individuals who are now only taking their first steps. Our key services include:
- Strategic communications advice on personal positioning
- Assistance with setting your philanthropy strategy
- Creating websites for charitable trusts and foundations
- Building brands for charitable trusts and foundations
- Finding the language to articulate your mission, purpose, and narrative
- Taking control of your personal digital profile, and ensuring your digital profile captures your impact
- Securing positive, selective coverage of your philanthropic activity
- Announcing new charitable gifts, and coordinating all press engagement
- Raising the profile of your impactful work amongst the right audiences
- Putting in place measures to protect your privacy
The challenges and opportunities that philanthropists and donors face are unique. Every situation requires a bespoke solution, and our experienced team will devise a personalised plan of action.
Our Philanthropists & Donors team has supported a wide variety of clients, including individuals involved in direct giving, impact investment, and other forms of impactful activity. Our recent highlights include:
- Designing and launching a website for a healthcare-focused private foundation (spending in excess of £1.5 million), with a view to giving selective online visibility to the work of the underlying philanthropist.
- Acting as the single media point of contact for a significant philanthropist (£3 billion net worth), with a view to staying abreast of media coverage and protecting their reputation at all points.
- Setting the communications strategy for a property developer ($80 million of real estate assets), with a view to highlighting the impactful community work undertaken by the owners amongst very specific decision-makers.
- Announcing a landmark gift for a family to a higher education institution (£200,000), with a view to securing positive coverage that both highlighted their personal philanthropic mission and captured the positive work of the university project itself.
- Responding to hostile media inquiries on behalf of a noted philanthropic family. The inquiries concerned false allegations that the family was trying to repair their reputation through philanthropic giving.
In all cases our work is carried out on a confidential and discreet basis, protecting our client and their interests at all times.
Our Philanthropists & Donors team is well-networked within the philanthropy space and we regularly work alongside philanthropy advisors, lawyers and accountants operating the non-profit sectors, as well as other allied professionals.
We often provide our clients with a conduit to this wider advisory network, ensuring that they are supported by trusted and professional advisers that will advance their interests at all times.
Transmission Private is an award-winning strategic communications adviser to successful individuals, families, and their businesses.
Once you become a client of Transmission Private, your reputation becomes the central and sole focus of all our energy, passion, and thinking. Our expert team is mobilised to advance your best interests at all times.
We see the world through your eyes, advising you discreetly on the careful steps that you need to take to achieve your highly personal, highly private professional and non-professional ambitions and aspirations.
Founded in 2014, we have since grown to become the leading provider of PR services to successful individuals and their businesses. Since then, we have expanded our team to service new clients, including family businesses, family offices, and family foundations.
We are very fortunate to have built an exceptional team, blending decades of experience both working with the media as well as supporting private clients.