How do you communicate your impact? Successful private foundations and trusts give subtle and dignified visibility to their impactful work, enhancing their reputations, showcasing the inspiring work of the causes they support, and building strong and deep relationships with communities and stakeholders. We have worked with some of the world’s largest family foundations, giving careful visibility to their work while protecting the privacy of the family members themselves.
Our Family Foundations team is strategic, creative, and discreet. We have years of experience working with clients to give visibility to their impact, balancing the importance of demonstrating impact with their personal privacy. The team are thoughtful, considered, and highly networked.
To speak with one of our London communications advisers call us on +44 (0) 207 556 1040. Or if you are based in North America, you can call us on +1 929 389 0096. Alternatively, contact us online.
We support family foundations with all of these communications needs, including defining their core message, securing coverage, or looking after their online presence.
Our Family Foundations team acts for smaller regionally focussed foundations, as well as the philanthropic vehicles for significant global philanthropists. Our key services include:
- Strategic communications advice on personal and corporate positioning
- Advice on the visibility of the family within the charitable entity
- Creation of collateral to communicate the impact and mission of the foundation
- Curating and managing the online presence of the foundation, including in search results
- Coordinating press and PR campaigns to secure positive, selective coverage
- Managing digital and social communications campaigns
- Mapping stakeholders who should know about the activity of the foundation
- Gameplanning routes to ensure that the foundation is given visibility amongst important stakeholders
- Auditing philanthropic activity for potential reputation risks
- Leveraging philanthropic activity for community, political, and other forms of stakeholder engagement
- Responding to all media enquiries on behalf of the foundation
The challenges and opportunities that face charitable entities are unique. Every situation requires a bespoke solution, and our experienced team will devise a personalised plan of action.
Our Family Foundations team has supported a wide variety of charitable vehicles, including conventional family foundations, trusts, and impact investment funds. Our recent highlights include:
- Coordinating a media campaign to secure representative, positive coverage of a large philanthropic gift (in excess of £750,000) to a children’s charity on behalf of a large family foundation.
- Creation and launch of a new website for a family foundation, giving visibility to the trust’s mission online as well as a number of the causes they have supported.
- Acting as the point of contact for the media for a significant philanthropist (giving in excess of £10 million annually), ensuring that any resulting coverage is positive and reflective of their motivations.
- Mapping all the stakeholders who should know about the positive, impactful work of the philanthropic arm of a family-owned property development company, with a view to showcasing commitment to impact and community engagement.
- Enhancing the reputation of a family foundation amongst peers and financial institutions through a coordinated communications campaign, leveraging internal communications, PR and media, and social media.
In all cases our work is carried out on a confidential and discreet basis, protecting our client and their interests at all times.
Our Family Foundations team is well networked in the private client and philanthropy space. We often work alongside non-profit lawyers, philanthropy advisers, impact investment specialists, and other experts in the philanthropy space.
We often provide our clients with a conduit to this wider advisory network, ensuring that they are supported by trusted and professional advisers that will advance their interests at all times.
Ready to enhance your reputation? Contact Transmission Private today for an informal, no-obligation discussion about how we can support you. Contact us now →
Transmission Private is an award-winning strategic communications adviser to successful individuals, families, and their businesses.
Becoming a client of Transmission Private is unlike working with any other communications agency. That is because we do not measure our working relationships in terms of weeks, months, or even years, but in terms of generations – with clients returning us to time and time again as and when needs arise. We look to build life-long relationships based on loyalty, trust, and confidence.
Once you become a client of Transmission Private, your reputation becomes the central and sole focus of all our energy, passion, and thinking. Our expert team is mobilised to advance your best interests at all times.
Founded in 2014, we have since grown to become the leading provider of PR services to successful individuals and their businesses. Over the years, we have broadened the range of services beyond media liaison and conventional public relations.
We have also expanded our team to service new clients, including family businesses, executive teams, and family foundations.