As the world continues to globalise, a greater number of entrepreneurs, private shareholders, and their businesses are chasing the same investment capital and highly skilled pool of potential employees. Despite this, entrepreneurs and senior executives can leverage their personal reputations to attract finance and top talent.
- What do investors look for when making decisions about the provision of finance?
- Are jobseekers influenced by the online profiles of company leaders?
- Why should you highlight senior management’s historic business successes?
- How can an executive attract top talent by giving visibility to a commitment to ethics?
In Q1 2021, Transmission Private commissioned research into the role that the personal profile of an individual entrepreneur or senior executive, such as a CEO, plays in attracting finance and top talent.
Selected findings and recommendations
- A business leader’s personal profile significantly influences whether a company is able to attract either financial support or top talent
- 41% of investors said that the business track record of a founder-entrepreneur was an important factor when making decisions about the provision of finance
- 44% of respondents said positive information online about an entrepreneur’s management track record would sway their decision towards joining a company
- The visibility of a business leader’s commitment to ethics is a key determining factor in whether a business attracts investment or manages to attract top talent
Plus, more raw data from our survey of 2,000 members of the public... and practical, hands-on suggestions on how to manage your risk and respond to potential issues. Download the full report below.Download the full report