How can you access the best deals? Investors with the relationships and reputation to attract the most lucrative opportunities will succeed, as well as command the most attention in the boardroom. We have worked alongside some of the world’s most well-known investors, coordinating activist campaigns while protecting their reputations.
Our Investor & Shareholder team is commercially aware, creative, and quick to act. The team’s deep experience means it is able to provide clients with a competitive edge in striking new deals, accessing the very best deal flow, and driving partnerships with peers, co-investors, and other financial institutions.
To speak with one of our London communications advisers call us on +44 (0) 208 0641 829. Alternatively, contact us online.
The team works with investors across the full investment lifecycle, supporting individuals with origination campaigns, relationship building, shareholder disputes and campaigns, and announcing exits. Our support covers the full spread of media liaison, online profile, and stakeholder management.
Our Investor & Shareholder team acts for activist investors, angel investors, venture capitalists, and passive investors. Our key services include:
- Strategic communications advice for personal positioning
- Announcing new investments and acquisitions
- Raising your profile selectively for deal flow
- Setting the strategy around mandated announcements on stock exchanges
- Enhancing your reputation amongst the financial community
- Running activist shareholder campaigns
- Putting in place protections against media intrusion
- Managing your digital profile
- Communicating ESG & economic impact credentials
- Developing purpose, mission, and narrative
- Attaining Board positions and awards
The challenges and opportunities that face investors are unique. Every situation requires a bespoke solution, approach, and plan of action.
Our Investor & Shareholder team has supported investors across types and sizes of companies, including large takeovers and seed-round investments. Our recent highlights include:
- Setting the media and communications strategy for the hostile private takeover of an LSE-listed retailer.
- Coordinating a national media campaign to give voice to an investor’s concerns about the executive pay policy of an LSE-listed company, prompting the unseating of the Chair of its Remuneration Panel.
- Repositioning an entrepreneur as a technology investor through setting up and branding a new investment vehicle.
- Managing the communications around the sale of a £100-million asset on behalf of a hospitality investor, ensuring it was not perceived as a distressed sale.
- Supporting a German family on all aspects of their communications as they set up, launched, and brought to market a new mid-market private equity vehicle.
- Acting on behalf of a private equity investor during an investigation of a takeover bid by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
In all cases our sensitive work is carried out on a confidential basis, protecting our client and their interests at all times.
Our Investor & Shareholder team is well-networked amongst other leading professional advisers, working alongside commercial lawyers, structuring experts, deal origination experts, and financial advisers.
We often provide our clients with a conduit to this wider advisory network, ensuring that they are supported by trusted and professional advisers that will advance their interests at all times.
Generating deal flow
Generating high-quality, relevant deals is one of the most difficult challenges a private investor can face. While finding investment deals might be easy, finding high-quality opportunities can be very difficult. That’s why we created a dedicated hub, containing all the information that you need to know to generate high-quality deal flow. Visit the Deal Flow Information Hub →