How do you make the most of your landed estate? Successful landowners need to leverage their property strategically, whether that is taking advantage of development opportunities or driving commercial use of the estate through partnerships. We have worked alongside the most significant landowners to position their landed estates for new commercial opportunities, while carefully protecting the owners’ privacy.
Our Landowners & Landed Estates team is commercially shrewd, discreet, and strategic. We understand the careful balance between selectively promoting a landed estate while protecting the family behind the property. The team are thoughtful, sophisticated, and are able to apply the latest communications techniques to our country's most historic properties.
To speak with one of our London communications advisers call us on +44 (0) 208 0641 829. Alternatively, contact us online.
We work alongside multi-generational families as well as first-generation owners, tailoring our advice to your needs, whether that is promoting your estate, setting an online reputation strategy, dealing with a specific communications challenge, or enhancing your reputation amongst particular stakeholders.
Our Landowners & Landed Estates team acts for landed families, historic estates, agricultural landowners, and owners of cultural properties. Our key services include:
- Strategic advice around the positioning of the estate and its ownership
- Securing positive press coverage of the estate
- Giving visibility to the historic credentials of the estate
- Developing a purpose, mission, and narrative for the estate
- Protecting the privacy of the current ownership
- Managing the digital presence of the landed estate
- Raising the profile of the estate amongst the right audiences
- Enhancing the reputation of the estate amongst developers and other commercial partners
- Putting in place communications plans for succession
- Responding to hostile media and public attention
- Communicating the CSR and ethical credentials of the estate
The challenges and opportunities that face landed estates are unique. Every situation requires a personalised plan of action.
Our Landowners & Landed Estates team has supported estates of different sizes and types, including newly acquired estates as well as those passed down through generations. Our recent highlights include:
- Advising a family on how to take commercial advantage of their historic estate without exposing themselves to intrusive media and public attention.
- Raising the profile of a 3,000-acre historic estate and its ownership amongst the Chinese investment opportunity to drive partnership opportunities.
- Showcasing the environmental and ethical credentials of a large landowner, and defending them against public accusations of both land banking and taking advantage of EU farming subsidies.
- Creating a partnership prospectus for a historic property to showcase development opportunities to UK developers and international investors.
- Acting for a significant landowner in a hostile public campaign with a community organisation around rights of way over his property.
In all cases our work is carried out on a confidential and discreet basis, protecting our client and their interests at all times.
Our Landowners & Landed Estate team is highly networked with other professional advisers who work with landed estates and landowners, including lawyers, partnership professionals, planning consultants, and individuals and organisations within rural bodies and sporting organisations.
We often provide our clients with a conduit to this wider advisory network, ensuring that they are supported by trusted and professional advisers that will advance their interests at all times.
Transmission Private is an award-winning strategic communications adviser to successful individual, families, and their businesses.
We do not measure our working relationships in terms of weeks, months, or even years, but in terms of generations – with clients returning us to time and time again as and when needs arise. We look to build life-long relationships based on loyalty, trust, and confidence.
We blend the high-quality personal, attentive, discreet service that successful individuals expect from a private bank with the up-to-date, modern communications techniques they need to navigate the risks of an increasingly digital world.
As a Partner-led business, every client we support has a dedicated Partner looking after all of their work, providing a single, highly personalised, around-the-clock contact point to access all our services and support.