Want to secure a paid PR internship in London? Transmission Private runs a paid PR internship programme for people who are just starting their careers. As part of the scheme, you will have the opportunity build your skills across all aspects of PR, communications, and reputation management.
As a boutique PR agency based in London, Transmission Private takes on a select number of PR interns throughout the year. Our PR internship programme is very flexible, with some interns joining us on a full-time basis over a period of 6 months while others might only join us for a few months over summer.
We accept applications throughout the year. We are also able to provide interns with an opportunity to not only join the PR team – but support on marketing, social media, and business development projects for the agency itself.
If you would like to apply for a PR agency internship, please send your CV (resume) and a short covering letter (maximum 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a London Living Wage employer, and we are committed to raising standards across the industry.
How we will reward you
- Work with a multi-award-winning boutique PR agency
- Hands-on experience across all aspects of PR, communications, and reputation management
- Thrown into the deep end, with ongoing development support
- Training sessions with PR Director
- Opportunity to tackle all the key PR tasks from writing press releases to organising events
- Work in a fast-moving and time-pressured environment
- Option to support across marketing and business development
- Build an understanding of the commercial dynamics of a PR agency
- Strong well-respected PR brand on your CV
Responsibilities of a PR intern
- Daily media monitoring
- Initiating contact with journalists
- Writing press releases
- Devising story ideas and angles
- Drafting media pitches
- Distributing press releases
- Building, maintaining, and updating media lists
- Create media packs with photographs and videos
- Schedule, coordinate, and attend events
- Helping to draft speeches
- Helping to draft website, design, and video briefs
- Assist in administrative duties
What we are looking for
- Previous background in PR is not required
- Ambitious, go-getter, hard-working attitude
- Strong writing skills
- An interest in reputation, persuasion, and public relations
- Creativity and the ability to think outside the box
- Some experience with rich media is always welcome
- Team player
How do I apply?
Please send you CV (resume) and a short covering letter (maximum 500 words) to email@example.com. In your covering letter, take the time to explain how you would benefit from the PR internship and why you are a good fit for the role.
What do you want to see in my PR internship cover letter?
Please show us that you understand how Transmission Private is different from other PR and marketing agencies in London. In particular, demonstrate that you understand not only the types of clients that we support, but how their needs and priorities might differ from clients at other PR agencies. Otherwise, show us that you’re keen to start your career with enthusiasm and energy, and share an extended writing sample that shows how you have previously written for a public audience.
What are the hours of a PR intern?
Our standard office hours are 9am until 6pm, although we offer flexibility to interns who are balancing an internship with an ongoing course.
Is the role based in an office?
Yes. Our PR internships are office based. As a business, we believe that it’s much more difficult for people who are new to the industry to pick-up skills without having direct contact with others who are more experienced. This gives you the opportunity to ask questions quickly, see the mechanics of PR directly, and get quick and immediate feedback.