We are hiring a Senior Media Executive with at least one year of experience in the communications and PR industry to build the public profiles of prominent entrepreneurs through pitching, securing, and managing media coverage across print, online, and broadcast.
Job title: Media Executive
Role: Permanent, full-time
Location: London, UK
Transmission Private is a business that builds the public profiles of business leaders in positive, proactive, and creative ways. We are launching a new brand, Profile, that exclusively focusses on getting entrepreneurs’ disruptive ideas out into the wider business world, helping them shape industries, conversations, and debates.
You will play a critical role in this process. You will be responsible for securing high-impact editorial coverage for our clients and their ideas across all forms of media. You will get their ideas into the inboxes, eyes, and ears of their target market. Ultimately, you will get our clients and their ideas spoken about by others on all available channels.
- Identify relevant journalists for targeted engagement
- Track reporting and social media accounts of relevant journalists
- Craft high-impact, punchy, and persuasive media pitches for clients
- Secure high-value media opportunities for clients
- Distribute press releases to journalists to secure coverage
- Follow-up with journalists to get editorial coverage over the line
- Send out hyper-tailored and timely media pitches
- Find a stimulating ‘news angles’ for even the most corporate clients
- Build long-term mutually beneficial relationships with journalists
- Prepare clients in advance of media opportunities
- Share client images and videos as required for coverage
How we will recognise you
- Award-winning London communications agency
- Healthy lunches when you’re working from the office
- Hybrid working model, flexible hours, and WFH resources
- Strong & clear career track
- Fast-moving, experience, and creative environment
- Work alongside many of the country’s most successful entrepreneurs
- £2,000 dedicated personal development budget
- Optional team social events
- Optional 3 paid volunteering days every year
- Monthly spot bonus programme
- At least 1 year of experience in the PR or communications industry
- A ‘people person’ who enjoys calling, meeting, and building relationships with other people
- Track-record of successfully pitching stories, comments, and interviews to the press
- Enthusiasm and interest in the media, especially the business and finance press
Please send your CV and a covering letter that explains how you’re a fit for the role to email@example.com.