Transmission Private is looking for a Marketing and Business Development Assistant to join its fast-growing, start-up communications agency.
The role is an internal-facing role which will focus on marketing Transmission Private to its core potential customers, which include high-net-worth individuals, families, family offices, family businesses, family foundations as well as sector partners, including lawyers, wealth managers and other advisors.
The role is available immediately.
The new hire will be the first dedicated individual working specifically on marketing the agency. You will be working directly with the Managing Director in a small team based in the City of London to develop and execute a marketing and business development strategy.
About Transmission Private
A dynamic start-up agency, Transmission Private is a unique communications company that works exclusively with the UK’s leading entrepreneurs and their families.
You will be part of an intimate experimental creative team. The role is a fixed-term one-month contract, with the possibility of a permanent offer on completion. You may not have considered communications as a professional career before, but are interested by the idea of working in a creative, fast-moving environment with the opportunity to add real value to a business from day one.
You should enjoy the idea of joining an energetic, fast-growing start-up communications agency. As well as working directly with clients, you will be expected to contribute ideas to the agency in general, helping it expand, grow and deliver a better service to clients. We have built a work-hard, experimental culture, where all team members are expected to challenge each other, debate ideas, and never be satisfied with conventional ways of doing things.
Why Transmission Private?
Transmission Private is a fast-growing communications agency which is committed to providing long-term job opportunities to growth-orientated candidates. It invests in its team through training, skills and qualifications. In particular:
- All team members have a personal development budget for use on courses, skills development and other extracurricular activities
- Management is highly supportive of team members pursuing new qualifications
- Monthly social events
- Monthly team lunches
- Openness to further employee benefits that will enhance team members’ skillsets
Role: Marketing and Business Development Assistant
Salary: £21,000 per year (London living wage)
Status: 1-month fixed-term contract, with the potential for a permanent job offer.
Hours: Monday–Friday, 9:00–18:00
Roles and responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities for the successful candidate include:
- Writing content for the Transmission Private website
- Assisting with the SEO strategy for the Transmission Private website
- Updating and maintaining social media channels
- Helping with the writing and distribution of marketing newsletters
- Writing, creating and commissioning marketing collateral for new products
- Helping in the maintenance of regular contact with agency contacts
- Identifying and writing to new potential clients
- Assisting with following up with potential client leads
- Helping writing proposals for new potential clients
- Assisting with overseeing advertising spend on social media channels, including Google and LinkedIn
- Organising and coordinating agency marketing events
- Contributing to the development of the agency’s marketing and business development strategies
Qualifications and experience
- Appetite for learning new skills
- Enthusiastic, go-getter attitude
- Ability to write engaging, interesting content with impeccable English
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Desire to contribute to a growing business with new ideas
- Basic understanding of PR and communications
- Basic understanding of business development
- Natural ability to build relationships with different stakeholders
- Forward-thinking attitude and willingness to challenge conventional ways of doing things
- Willingness to pick up the phone to potential clients
- Experience managing (and building) social media accounts and followings
- Hands-on experience using MailChimp
- Experience managing and building a business development pipeline
- Experience managing marketing budgets on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, Facebook and elsewhere
- Understanding of private clients and high-net-worth individuals
- Experience managing a marketing tunnel from start to end
- Experience with graphic design tools, such as Photoshop or GIMP
Please send your CV (but no covering letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the contents of your email, provide a one-paragraph introduction to yourself and a one-paragraph description of how you feel Transmission Private is different to other PR agencies in the work that we do. There are no wrong answers.