Luke Thompson is a Partner at Transmission Private. He is also Head of Client Services, responsible for overseeing the practice’s growing team of sector specialists, managing relationships with clients, and ensuring the company delivers on its client satisfaction commitment.
Having joined in 2019, Luke oversees all the agency’s work and services delivered to clients. He takes a central role in planning, coordinating, and executing complex and bespoke programmes of work that often draw on multiple agency services.
On a day-to-day basis, Luke spends most of his time advising a diverse client base, from next-generation family members to family offices, on all aspects of their communications, from strategic PR and digital management to family disputes and succession planning.
He takes a particular interest in helping successful, high-profile individuals communicate through multiple channels, while protecting and preserving their privacy.
Working alongside our Managing Director, his focus is to ensure that Transmission Private continues to deliver a high-quality, highly personalised, advisory-led service, even as the practice continues to grow its client base and internal team. Luke’s main priority is to ensure clients are given a bespoke, responsive, and 24-hour service to help them maximise opportunities and minimise risk.
One of his core professional interests is supporting family foundations, helping high-net-worth families communicate their impact in a way that satisfies their needs for a private, discreet life out of the media spotlight.
Areas of specialism
- Ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families
- Family foundations
- Digital profile management and digital advisory
- Strategic communications
Luke joined Transmission Private after spending the previous five years in consumer, corporate and political communications.
He started his career in political communications at a national and European level in 2014, working with a high-profile politician. As part of that role, he supported all areas of the individual’s communications including social media management and national press engagement. His key responsibilities were providing communications oversight across various on and offline platforms, speech writing, and preparing complex media briefs for flagship broadcast appearances, including BBC Question Time.
In 2018, Luke joined a PR and communications agency based in the East Midlands but operating nationally. Working directly under the agency’s directors, he supported and led several key client accounts including a regional government body, a consortium of universities, and a large, multi-million-pound care group for which he managed all aspects of their communications and marketing. During his time, he supported the opening of a brand-new care home and helped to communicate their CSR work.
- Advised a multi-million-pound French family foundation (in excess of $10 million), supporting its founders with its website launch, branding, strategic media, and public relations.
- Managed all outbound and inbound media enquiries around an energy entrepreneur following their inclusion on a high-profile UK awards list.
- Provided end-to-end strategic communications support a global family-owned business through a corporate restructure and consultation, including all media management, strategic advice, and internal communications.
- Represented a well-known business family (£500 million) in all quarters of the media, putting a protective shield between all family members and the press.
- Planned and launched a client’s new political campaign group, including project management of a new website and launch PR, resulting in a double-page-spread in a major Sunday newspaper.